Who we are
1. Licence. We grant you a limited licence to use this website.
2. Breach. We may cancel your licence if you breach any of these terms.
3. Framing. You may not frame this website.
4. Capacity. You agree to these terms on the basis that you have the capacity to visit this website.
5. Accurate information. You promise that you will give this website only accurate information.
6. Ownership. We or our third party licensors own all rights in this website.
7. Trade marks. All our trade marks are our property and you may not use them without our permission. All other trade marks are the irrespective owners’ property.
8. Restrictions. You may not change, hire out, reverse engineer, or copy this website without our permission.
9. Own risk. You use this website at your own risk and we make no warranties about it.
10. Indemnity. You indemnify us against any liability related to your use of this website.
- Purpose. This policy describes the way we handle your personal information.
- Personal information. Personal information includes information we collect automatically when you visit this website.
- Collected automatically. We collect your Internet usage information when you visit this website.
- Purpose for collection. We may use any of your personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when youagreed to provide it to us.
- Disclosure. We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
- Security. Our website is hosted on a secure server and uses security measures to prevent interference by intruders.
- Retention. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
- Transfer. We may transfer your personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you send us an email on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Restricted Area Logins
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages or sections on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
ConstructionSector.Online – what information do we collect and why?
The objective of the tool is to a) provide contractors with an easy to use daily reporting method, and b) critical information to assist government in compliance monitoring; the prevalence and spread of the virus; and to activate intervention measures where necessary. This information is access-restricted and only granted to relevant decision-making institutions and government. A stringent registration application is required prior to providing access to ascertain the validity and purpose of access.
Information provided on the access-restricted monitoring dashboard: –
- The total no. of projects nationwide
- The total no. of projects per province
- A list of project locations
- The total count of public vs private projects
- The total count of projects by Client (e.g. SANRAL, City of Tshwane; uMvoti Municipality etc.)
- The total count of projects by nature of work (e.g. dams; bridges; earthworks; tunnels; pipelines etc.)
- Total number of individuals on site to date and per day
- Total screening on site to date and per day
- Total suspected positive cases
- Total confirmed positive cases (operational and not yet operational)
- The total economic value of all registered projects
Information not provided on the monitoring dashboard includes the following: –
- Contract value of a specific project (this information is only required in the project registration phase to determine the total economic impact of the construction sector in operation, and is considered confidential unless explicit consent is given in writing by the contractor to divulge the value should any institution or authority request the contract value of a specific project).
- Membership, affiliation or registration with any industry body